You've created your online course, and you need to sell more of them. Have you thought about doing more video to sell your courses? Video is the perfect way to reach ideal clients when marketing your courses.
Perhaps you think your industry will be untouched by the video, or that it's too professional or too corporate to respond to video. If this is you, it's time to think again you're an open-minded person and you don't want to miss out on course sales. Video is all the rage, both for big brand names as well as smaller entrepreneurs. YouTube is the number two search engine behind Google and experts predict that 82% of all internet traffic by 2021 will come from video.
Here are some more video stats if you need further persuading.
- Nearly 50% of internet users search for video demonstrations before making a purchase
- More than 90% of shoppers say YouTube videos have given them gift ideas
- Viewers retain 95% of a message via video compared to only 10% when reading from text
Video is here to stay and here are some ways you can use this medium to help you sell courses.
Plan & Create Your Profitable Online Course
(It's easier than you think)
Map out your online course rapidly and profitably. Just add your details below and we'll send you a free online course planner. You'll love how easy it is to use.
- Start simple. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need a commercial studio setup or professional hair and makeup artists before recording. Those are certainly nice perks and maybe you want to work up to that status but to start, just turn on your phone and start recording. Introduce yourself to your social media followers. Talk about why you created your courses. Tell your audience what you offer and what the course will help them solve. Once you get used to producing video and speaking in front of a camera, the process will go much smoother and you’ll feel like a pro.
- Demonstrate your Signature Course. Video is incredibly helpful when selling your courses because people often want to see how something works before purchasing. Even if your signature is a membership site or a business planner, screenshot your computer screen while showing all the features. Give a behind-the-scenes tour of your membership site or demonstrate how your business planner can be used online or printed offline for those who prefer old-school paper and pen planning.
- Build relationships with your audience. Not all marketing has to involve selling; in fact, experts agree that if you continuously use hard-sell tactics, your audience will grow bored and cringe when they see you coming. Instead of turning those prospects away, draw them closer by being approachable, answering their questions, and showing interest in THEIR businesses or their needs. If you can’t meet your prospects in person, filming a livestream video is the next best thing. They can see your personality, hear your voice, and learn more about you via this one livestream.
How does all this improve your business? Think of it as planting seeds in the minds of your audience members. You’re introducing what you have to offer and reminding them at various intervals so that when they are ready to buy, they will remember your name.
You may start out with a modest increase in social followers or more traffic to your website. As they get to know you, you might notice more of your posts getting shared, more subscribers to your email list, or more sales. Once you build up your trusted base who adore you, that’s when you’ll see the larger sales from product launches. You may also hear from Joint Venture partners who want to work with you.
Want to do more with video to sell your courses? Check out my 30-in-30 program here.